Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
$189 Winterizing Specialview coupon
Battery and Charging System Test and Coolant Flush!
Patti Jo Knight, 10/12/2021
We chose this shop - not knowing anything about them - to have a used vehicle we were thinking of purchasing, checked over. We asked if we could have it done quickly, and they got it right into the shop when it was brought to them by the dealer, which we really appreciated. The best thing, though, was later that day we needed to have pedal extenders installed for our 4’8” granddaughter to be able to drive comfortably and, more importantly, safely. The dealership couldn’t do it, another shop specializing in disabilities couldn’t do it for 3 weeks, but 804 said they could do it! While waiting for the job to be completed I had a chance to chat with Eric, the man at the front desk in the office, who told me their story. It was clear these men had excellent mechanical backgrounds, good ethics, and really cared about their customers. They will be getting our business for all of our family vehicles from now on. I’m so glad we found them! The pedal extenders were installed perfectly, and quickly, and the charge was much less than we expected. We are super pleased!